Summary of events postponed, canceled due to COVID-19 outbreak
The spike in COVID-19 positivity numbers has resulted in the cancellation or postponement of events in Palm Beach or related to the island, as some organizations have announced new or adjusted policies.
Here are the changes to date:
* Bethesda-by-the-Sea Episcopal Church requires masks for all in-person services and indoor events.
* The Palm Beach Synagogue has moved its services outside.
* The new synagogue has suspended in-person services and events.
* The SociÃ©tÃ© des quatre arts has instituted new protocols for patrons aged 18 and over. These participants will be required to provide proof of a professionally administered COVID-19 negative PCR test performed within 72 hours of the program or to voluntarily show proof of full vaccination with a COVID-19 booster. Photo ID is also required.
* Palm Beach County Boys and Girls Clubs: Kick-off reception at Findlay Galleries scheduled for Wednesday.
* Palm Beach Chapter, Luncheon for the Daughters of the American Revolution at CafÃ© Boulud scheduled for Thursday.
* Detroit Symphony: Shows scheduled for Saturday and January 17 at the Kravis Center.
* Thursday’s performance by singer and songwriter Jimmy Webb at the Kravis.
* Hanley Foundation: annual dinner in Palm Beach scheduled for January 20.
* Cleveland Clinic Florida: Florida Ball Kick-Off Reception: A Centennial Celebration scheduled for February 4th.
* Lighthouse Guild Annual Visionary Dinner Kickoff Cocktail Party at Findlay Galleries scheduled for January 18th.
* The South, East and North Florida Family Planning âA Magical Nightâ Dinner Dance is scheduled for Monday.
* The Bascom-Palmer Eye Institute’s Palm Beach Medical Forum lunch is scheduled for Wednesday.
* COMMENT (Hearing the Ovarian Cancer Whisper): “COMMENT Fun” Sip & Shop scheduled for Wednesday.
* Palm Beach Island Hospice Foundation Hospice Party 2022 scheduled for Thursday.
* The 41st annual Bascom-Palmer Eye Institute Sighting Evening Gala is scheduled for February 18.
* United Way of Palm Beach has canceled its campaign lunch scheduled for January 19.
* The annual American Friends of the Israel Museum event in Palm Beach is scheduled for January 20.
* Hearing Ovarian Cancer’s Whisper: Time is of the Essence lunch scheduled for January 24.
* The Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Discovery Celebration will not take place.
* The Preservation Foundation of Palm Beach’s An American Renaissance: Beaux-Arts Architecture in New York City by Phillip James Dodd has been moved from March 22.
* The Volk Walk Exhibition Dinner has been moved from Wednesday to March 10.
* A SPA Trio concert scheduled for Thursday at Norton has been postponed to a date to be specified.
* A conference and workshop Wednesday and Thursday by caterer Peter Callahan at the Four Arts has been postponed to a date to be announced.
* NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) Palm Beach County: The reception and dinner have been moved from January 18 to April 5.
* The Palm Beach Police & Fire Foundation: The annual Palm Beach Police & Firefighters Ball has been moved from January 22 to March 19.
* Boys and Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County: 41st Annual Winter Ball runs Feb. 4 through April 8.
* Boys and Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County: 20th edition of Barefoot on the Beach runs April 8-28.
* Cultural Council for Palm Beach County Culture and Cocktails: Washington to Warhol event travels Monday January 10 through May 9.
* The presentation of “Summer: The Donna Summer Musical” by the Kravis Center for the Performing Arts has been moved from May 20 to 26.
* The opening night of the Ryan Licht Sang Bipolar Foundation’s Insights IV art exhibition at Surovek Gallery and dinner at CafÃ© Boulud at The Brazilian Court, scheduled for Wednesday, have been moved to April 12.
* âAn Evening of Music and Art in the Gardensâ of Ann Norton Sculpture Gardens has been moved from Friday to March 30.
* The American Friends of Hebrew University Scopus Gala has been moved from Saturday to April 4.
* The Promise Fund of Florida major donors dinner scheduled for January 16 has been moved to March 28.
* The Birthright Israel Foundation event in honor of its co-founder, Charles Bronfman, has been moved from January 19 to March 10.
* The Norton Museum of Art gala has been moved from February 5 to April 7.
Please send information about the changes to [email protected]